06 Sep FREE Exhibition and Event September 10th – 13th
As part of the Heritage Open Days weekend, visit the Grand Arcade to see the FREE exhibition with the history of the Arcade through the ages. Reminisce with old photographs, newspaper cuttings and snippets of information gathered by the retailers within the Arcade! Featuring:
- ‘Hunt the Potts Clock’ treasure hunt to be held over the Heritage Open Days weekend and win a mystery goodie bag if you solve all the clues.
- Arcade resident The Bridal Emporium will be putting on a stunning display of ‘The History of Wedding Dresses’.
- Visit Arcade resident Just Grand! Vintage Tearooms throughout our Heritage Open Days weekend and try some of their delicious Traditional Victorian Style Afternoon Tea and other Victorian treats they are planning on their menu!
- As part of our exhibition there will also be short guided tours at 2.00pm, Thursday through Sunday. Meet under the clock just before 2.00pm each day and meet your Arcade Tour Guide, who will provide lots of info about our historic Potts Clock!
- Esteemed local artist Leslie Child will be joining us on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th between 12-4pm. He will be producing a watercolour painting of our historic Potts Clock, capturing all five figures as they are on show – and you can watch him work!